Reading For Your Life
- Aids with concentration… pinpoints your attention and focus on one thing… When you are fully engaged in reading, (fiction in particular) your mind is focused on the story. This offers a distraction from the troubles of the day and creates a meditative, calm, focused feeling. (Reading Partners)
- Grows your understanding and empathy for others, in both like and different circumstances.
- Helps calm you in preparation for sleep.
- Helps sharpen cognitive abilities, improves communication and vocabulary.
- Provides a sense of community and belonging, with individuals with similar experiences.
- “Strengthens neural circuits and pathways of our brain while lowering heart rate and blood pressure.” (Step up for Mental Health)
- Offers multiple levels of creativity and imagination.
- Provides new information, facts and teachings that educate and empower you to change, grow and heal, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
I have read and listened to countless books & podcasts in these last years, from spiritual, healing offerings to self-empowerment, self-help, meditative works, and personal growth teachings. The lessons and insights have restored a sense of peace, self-acceptance, and wholeness to my life. Reading can bring an incredible healing balm to your life.If you are interested, please do not hesitate to reach out for a list of my favorite books, videos, teachers, and guides.