10 Low-Cost Activities You Can Do On Your Own
It’s not always easy adjusting to life as a newly single person. So many things have changed but the biggest is often the amount of time you have to yourself. So what should you do with all this newfound alone time?
- Take a hike: Enjoy the spring weather by going on a solo hike. Choose a local trail or park and spend the day exploring the great outdoors.
- Read a book outside: Grab your favorite book and head to a local park or beach. Find a comfortable spot in the sun and spend the afternoon reading and soaking up some vitamin D.
- Go for a bike ride: Rent a bike or dust off your own and go for a scenic ride. Take in the sights and sounds of the season while getting some exercise.
- Start a garden: Spring is the perfect time to start a garden. Whether you have a small balcony or a large backyard, you can start planting and growing your own vegetables, herbs, or flowers.
- Try a new recipe: Spend some time in the kitchen trying out a new recipe. Choose something fresh and seasonal, like a strawberry or asparagus salad.
- Take a photography walk: Take a solo walk and bring your camera or smartphone with you. Look for interesting details, colors, and textures in nature and capture them with your camera.
- Attend a local festival or event: Check your local events calendar and attend a spring festival or event. Whether it’s a food festival or a music concert, you can enjoy the festivities on your own.
- Try yoga or meditation: Take some time to focus on your mental and physical health by trying yoga or meditation. You can find free online classes or attend a local studio.
- Spring clean: Spend a day cleaning and decluttering your home. Get rid of things you no longer need and organize your space for the new season.
- Plan a solo trip: Take advantage of the spring travel season and plan a solo trip. Whether it’s a weekend getaway or a longer trip, you can explore new places and enjoy some solo time.